Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cristi, 2 If By Sea



My friend, Cristi, posted these 2 pieces a little while ago. But I just could not resist writing my own little bit about them. The daisy pendant is a pendant. I made it as a pendant. I could see it as a pendant. But I did not see it with the lovely play of green leafy beads and deep purple beads that Cristi put into the necklace. And if you look really closely the beading wire has got little teeny beads on it where it connects to the chain. Cristis’ attention to detail is one of things I like most about her work. It is these little details that make her work so delightful.

And the bracelet, aaahhhh, this is the first time I’ve seen one of my buttons used in a clasp. I especially like the shape and colour of the wood beads against the pattern in the button. This is, by the way, one of my personal favorite button styles. It’s one of the first patterns that I developed when I started focusing more on texture in my work. I just love the way Cristi has used the button. For me it has always been just a button. But Cristi has elevated it beyond its original rather utilitarian design.

Cristi’s jewelry has this wonderful sea breeze feel to it. It is elegant and crisp at the same time. Much like waves on the beach. I am always thrilled to see the vision others have for my components. It inspires me to think beyond the confines of my own little world.

You can follow Cristi’s blog to see more work in progress or you can go straight to her Etsy shop, 2ifBySea to purchase these lovelies.

Thanks, Cristi! These are beautiful.

LeAnn

3 comments:

SueBeads said...

I totally agree with you - she does great work! I love seeing what she makes, and she's a very nice person, too!

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Aww, you guys! :blushing:

Leann, thank you so much for you kind words. I enjoy your work tremendously!

Sue - Thanks to you too!

Lisa Crone said...

Wow, these are gorgeous!!!! The colors...the creativity...wonderful!