I've been playing with lifting patterns off this Victorian door lock. The lock is from our old Melbourne house. Actually I should clarify that it was destined for the front door of the house but never got re-plated before we sold the grand old 1880's girl. Just as well because I am quite fond of this lock. I've made (and re-made) a texture plate and am experimenting with different parts of the pattern as pendants and buttons. It's coming along but I'm not satisfied yet. I'm not sure if there is a satisfaction point on this. It seems that there endless ways to take a slice of the pattern.
Now this might no look clean or organized to you....but to me, this is a little slice of heaven. It is a rare glimpse of my studio bench with more than an 18 inch square useable work space. Late last week I had been reduced to about 10 inches square of free work space. Not joking. I measured. It was time to make a fairly major clean up. Now what you can't see is the behind the camera mess. Another day. I'm ready for a marathon button, pendant, pot making session this week. So by this time next week I am nearly certain this will be a changed space. But I thought that I ought to document, for the world to witness, that there was one time when I attempted to clean something.
Hope you've all enjoyed the weekend!