Thursday, August 5, 2010

Off to Austin


I'm off to the Austin Bead Society annual show tomorrow in the wee hours of the morning. This is my second bead show ever and tell you what, it makes me nervous. Last minute prep. Hate that I work right up until the last possible moment. But that's really just part of my nature and I need to accept that. But the up side of all of this is that I'm staying with a very dear friend who just moved to Austin. I do so wish I had more time to spend with her. Oh and my sweetie will be doing his roadie thing and that is worth his weight in gold, doubled. It is just so hard to do a show all by my lone some.  The bestest part of all is that in this crazy summer of mine, is that after the show, I will be home until Labor Day weekend. Yee Haw! I have so many ideas of how I will spend some of that time, including a few books I've been wanting to nap with.

So if you are in the Austin, TX neighborhood this weekend, stop by the Palmer event center and do a bit of shopping! I'd love to see you.

14 comments:

Ann said...

ooo, I so wish I was there! I went last year and really loved it. Have a great day!

Ann
http://www.criticaleye.com

Spirited Earth said...

have a good show..
i love austin, used to live there, want to move back

The Joy of Nesting said...

Oh you are singing to the choir there my little sister!!! If glue wasn't drying and beads, fabric, wire aren't a flying as I walk out the door. It's not coming from my little art corner!!! You are doing just fine. Sending you good chi to sell all you take down and orders for more!!! Now I'm off to your shop I must see the new etchings you have done while my back was turned. I mean a sister can't even go on vacation without risk missing beautiful treasures!! :)

Have a good time, sell tons and stay safe!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Judy said...

Love the bracelet! I did some etching today and have decided that the brass does a much better etch than the copper. I had much better luck with some thicker stamps too.
Have a great show! Wish I was going to Austin!

Erin Siegel said...

Good Luck at the show! You always do great. You are so lucky that your love helps you with everything, definitely a great asset! :)

Unknown said...

Aussie's say Yee Haw? This is really making me smile tonight

Have a fantastic bead show weekend in Austing. I hope you have a wonderfuly time with your friend!

sharon said...

That is really a killer bracelet LeAnn! Best of luck at the show, and a great time!

stregata said...

Wishing you a great show, LeAnn! Your etching is fantastic!

Cindy said...

I sure wish I were in Austin so I could visit you and see your lovelly pieces in person! Have a great time at the show and best of luck!
Cindy

mairedodd said...

best luck leann, i am sure people will adore your booth!

Unknown said...

I should be there I live in H town! Not from TX but am here right now. We recently visited Austin and was wowed over by its beauty. I would love to live in Austin! Your pieces are just beautiful!!

Lucid Moon Studio said...

I think it's pretty normal to work right up to the last minute before a show...at least that's what I do too! Best of luck at the show and have a GREAT time!! Wish I could be there :(

Silver Parrot said...

Have a great time! Oh, and love that etched piece - it looks great!

Courtney Breul said...

I love your blog. I have left you an award on my blog.

http://beadsbybreul.blogspot.com/2010/08/im-so-flattered-amazed-and-stunned.html