Sunday, October 24, 2010

Welcome to Summers Studio and the BOC Open Studio!


Hi there. I’m LeAnn. I’m so happy you’ve stopped by for the second annual Beads of Clay Bloggers Open Studio. We’re about as live as you can get here in blog land. So feel free to ask questions or make comments. I’m going to be here till 5pm EST and I’d love to chat.


So just what do I do?

I started out as a potter and still make a limited line of plates, as metal clay jewelry components and etched brass and copper. But mostly I make porcelain pendants, beads, and buttons. Somewhere along the line I became enamored of small tiny pieces of art and there you have it…. beads! I love texture and most of my designs have some textural element to them. I think most of that has to do with how much I love seeing glazes pool and puddle in the low spots and break across the ridges. Lately, I’ve been returning to my childhood and have begun sculpting a series of birds, owls, and things that remind me of the little treasures I would come across growing up in the rural Midwest.

Here’s a few photos of some of the autumn inspired beads I’ve been working on lately.


Be sure to hop around to the other studios participating in this event. You can find them by clicking the Beads of Clay Open Studio announcement up there on the right.

And do come back! I'll be having the first give-away at 2:45 pm EST.



Everything in my Etsy shop is 15% of from now until midnight EST. Just enter BOC in the notes to seller, check out as usual and I'll refund your purchase through PayPal.

12 comments:

mairedodd said...

i'll be back! thank you for this lovely intro - i love those acorns leann!

sharon said...

I am always fascinated by what you do LeAnn! Love the flower pc and the leaves especially!

SummersStudio said...

Thanks, MJ & Sharon!

Cathy said...

beautiful beads, nature inspired.

TesoriTrovati said...

I was just putting away my sweet little acorns and birds from you! I am glad that I can participate this year!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Marsha of Marsha Neal Studio said...

I just love your little critters… SO happy to have you a part of our BOC family!

Sandra said...

I just adore your work. The owls and acorns are my favorite! Keep up the great work!

Sandra

Rosalynn said...

I love all of your work. It is delightful. Your fall designs have inspired me to get back to making jewelry. I'll definitely have to visit your etsy shop today.

Spirited Earth said...

lovely fall colors and the acorns are perfect

Vicki said...

LeAnn, I love the acorn and oak leaf, what a beautiful necklace that is! I have a love for minatures, and love your little creatures! Amazing :-)

Artisan Beads Plus said...

Hi to you LeAnn....Fancy meeting you here ;o)

Mary Harding said...

Love your work LeAnn. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I mention you in my studio blog at 3:00PM. Good of course.