Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Brrrrrrrr, It's cold even here in Texas


This is all I've done today. Put the finish on a handful of bronze pieces. I had planned on doing some work with clay. But guess what? The clay is frozen out in my garage, sitting next to the kilns that aren't working because they are confused about the sudden drop in temperature here.


Yesterday, I woke up to some of this. Yes, I know, this is nothing compared to most parts of the country. Just a mere dusting of snow. But there's very little snow removal equipment here, the wind has been blowing, and it was a mere 1 degree out this morning when I got up. This kind of 'severe' weather brings things to a stand still here.

And this is one of the things that came to a stand still. That would be the underneath of my kitchen sink with the pipes that are frozen. That odd looking white panel in there is the heating panel from the garage that is used to keep the clay and the kilns from freezing.

I am not happy with this situation.  And I really hope that the fairies will come in during the night and clean up the cabinet under the sink.


But I am so happy you all stopped by on Monday and liked my hearts even with their little flaws. So happy that I'm going to give one of them away. I thought I'd just combine it the give away of the bronze heart. You've still got until tomorrow night to enter for that and you can do that here. In fact, I am going to let you enter another comment so you get two chances. I figure when you have frozen pipes in your kitchen that's just a sweet bit of good karma I can spread around  in the hope that maybe my pipes won't actually burst.


20 comments:

steufel said...

Oh, I would love to have it! Awesome! And I hope the snow. will go away real soon - wish the same here. Can't wait for spring to come.

windrock studio said...

Well, what a bummer with your pipes freezing! It has just been sooo cold.
But I sure do love the work you've been doing, beautiful hearts, they warm mine up a bit! So, thanks, LeAnn, and you take care down there.
Susan

peacockfairy said...

Two hearts are better than one! Love the green patina on that lock - do you think it would look good on a peacock feather? I'd be interested in buying one if you decide to try it!

sharon said...

Love that green patina too....and all the pieces are lovely.
Sorry about the pipes. We always leave our cabinet doors cracked open when the temps get like that, which is a lot this winter, to help the warm air stay in....we have to insulate the hell out of the area too.
Any snow, a little or a lot....sucks!

Spirited Earth said...

Love your hearts,
so sorry your pipes froze..i let the water drip all last night and got up to check on it too.
i've just braved the elements to run a kiln..brrr..i'm frozen now.

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

I thought all the hearts were lovely. Sorry about the freeze. Please include me in the drawing. Thank you!

Marsha of Marsha Neal Studio said...

Frozen pipes & clay - yuck! I wonder if you can get that foam stuff to wrap your pipes down there. Might help (not sure though). If you want to try it, but can't find it, I can ship some to you... Keep warm & dry!

Unknown said...

Winter really can not leave soon enough to make me happy. I'm sorry about your frozen pipes under the kitchen sink. Not good.

I'm sending some of our 40s to you to help your corner of the world warm up a little!

Unknown said...

Yikes! Good luck with those frozen pipes. Love the green patina on the bronze clay!

moonlitfantaseas said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your frozen pipes and your frozen clay too...would love to win one of your hearts!

Anonymous said...

Frozen pipes? No fun at all. I hope things warm up. It's one thing to have that kind of weather when you have all the equipment to deal with it. But no fair for all you guys in the warmer states. 1º must be some kind of record.
Love the hearts and the bronze pieces and the patina on the bronze. Is that a stone I see, fired in place on one of the pendants? you are rockin'!

stregata said...

Oh dear - much too cold! Frozen clay, freezing kilns, frozen pipes - none of it is good news. Sending you warm thoughts in the hope of bringing the temps ups.

Nena said...

I'm from Texas too and woke up to power outages and frozen pipes. We had a snow day today and will have one tomorrow. Yay, more time for art! Love your pendants.

Vintajia Adornments said...

Don't think I would do frozen anything well (except for icecream that is). Any leaking pipes, for whatever reason is a bugga!
Love the hearts

Melinda Orr - BANDANA GIRL said...

Love the bronze! Sun is shining today...will send some from wintery warm PA :-)

Rosanne said...

It's been a strange winter all the way around. Sorry about your frozen pipes. That's never a fun thing to deal with. I love the new things you've been creating lately. Just stay warm and know that warmer weather is only a few weeks away.

Courtney Breul said...

So sorry about the pipes. Have you tried a space heater or hair dryer?

Your pieces are wonderful, cracks and all. Thanks for the chance.

Mellisa said...

brrrr, hope you have some warm socks! Love the bronze and the hearts, very sweet :)

Laura Twiford said...

Bless your little heart, I know how you love snow and cold soooo much! It's the same for us here, the first sign of a snowflake everything closes up tighter than a tick. People clear the shelves of food and everything. where is spring????

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

LeAnn, I'm so sorry to hear about your frosty pipes! We didn't get snow here, we got ice! Not sure which is worse, maybe they're equally problems to deal with. You don't have to shovel ice. That's one thing, I guess.
I hope your pipes are flowing free again soon!