Monday, February 7, 2011

Soups On!


The Bead Soup Blog Party package from Melissa Meman arrived on Saturday. Oh, I am over the moon happy with what Melissa sent. Totally different from what I might normally work with but so completely beautiful and inspiring. For beads there is amazonite, howlite, amethyst, and Czech glass in beautiful colours. 



And then there are the pieces she made herself, starting with this gorgeous toggle clasp in copper. I love hammered copper and the washer part of this clasp is beautiful. But then there is the really lovely spiral toggle bar. I've been looking and looking at it and just admiring the beautiful wire work that went into making this clasp. I'm thinking this clasp needs a special spot in whatever I end up making.



And I got not one but two enameled focals handmade by Melissa and two beautiful enameled beads that she made. Choices, choices. I want to use them both. In fact, I have a little idea simmering on the back burner of just how I might use them both in one piece.

Thanks Melissa! I love it all and just how did you know that purple and teal are my favourite colours?


Saturday, February 26th

Over 200 participants and heaps of fun, inspiration, and beauty.

Mark your calenders!

14 comments:

steufel said...

Wow - LOVE that clasp!

windrock studio said...

How beautiful! I'm sure you will be having all kinds of fun with these
lovlies! Can't wait to see ...
Susan

Cindy said...

What a gorgeous group of beads, LeAnn! Melissa's wirework is impeccable and my those enamel beads and focals are gorgeous...I just know you'll make something beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What great soup! Can't wait to see what you make with it!

sharon said...

This is a really pretty mix of colors and elements, can't wait to see what you do!

stregata said...

Such a lovely mix of beauty!
Hurry up, LeAnn - I want to see what you are dreaming up.

Judy said...

Such a wonderful mix! The toggle and enamel pieces are so incredible, I can't wait to see what you create.

Kate said...

Awesome colors. I love that clasp! The reveal party is going to be crazy fun.

jessememan said...

LeAnn - I am going to borrow one of your photos for my blog, since I neglected to take any before I sent everything off! I'm so glad you love everything :) Can't wait to see what you create!

Unknown said...

Lots of goodies! I really like those pendants! Have Fun!

Alice said...

Wow, what a lovely bead soup Melissa sent you! The clasp and enameled pieces she made are just amazing! I can't wait to see what you make with them.

Pretty Things said...

Her things are awesome! I even own one of her bracelets! And I've met her -- she's just so nice!

Clayworks by Lisa Boucher said...

Hi Leann - Looks like you have some magnificent pieces to work with there. With your talent and those delicious ingredients I can't wait to see what you stir up. :) Lisa

Marie Cramp said...

How fun! I have not opened mine yet! It is sitting by my computer and looking so pretty I need to take a picture of it before I open it. Can't wait!