I feel like this.
* Using harsh language with the packing tape dispenser is not effective.
* Using harsh language with your partner is even less effective.
* Dogs go on hunger strikes to protest change. But only for breakfast.
* The cleaning you did a month ago does not last for a month.
* It’s nice to be on a first name basis with the clerk that you buy boxes from at UHaul. But it won’t get you a discount.
* Packing boxes after 5 pm goes better with a gin and tonic. But only one.
* The important papers that you did not sort 6 years ago are still not sorted and maybe not so important.
* Sleeping on an air mattress is not more comfortable if you pretend you are camping with air conditioning.
* You really only need one bowl, one glass, and a spoon for each member of your household. You can throw the rest away.
* Pizza is a complete food and you can eat it everyday for at least a week. And pairs nicely with gin and tonic.
* It is lovely to see someone else load your things onto a truck.
* It is not so lovely to see that your movers need larger jeans and a belt.
There is no zen in moving. This is probably a universal truth.