Wednesday, August 22, 2012

BTW - The old porcelain is back


It's Bead Table Wednesday and here's a little peak at mine.

This might be a bit of cheat because you are not really going to see my bead table. Every surface of my studio is currently covered with porcelain pieces in various states of undoneness. I went a wee bit off track of the schedule this week and immersed myself in the new/old porcelain clay. When we moved here a year ago, I decided to go with a more local porcelain. Why ship clay so far. It's heavy. It's good to support local. I tried to love this new porcelain. I tried for a year. But you know, when you have had many dates over a years time and you haven't fallen head over heals in love, well, it's time to say good bye. So bye bye.

My new porcelain, which is the old one I started out with, is back. I love you. I am sorry I flirted with the other one. I don't mind your gooey-ness. I forgive for your penchant for warping and cracking in ways that I don't anticipate. I crack a mental now and again myself. You are beautiful in your own unique way and I'll never leave you.

OK, enough of the lovey dovey stuff. You can't see my work tables because it's a wicked hot mess in there. Piles of stuff. That photo up there is just a tiny glimpse of the gazillion pendants and such I made over the last couple of days. There's a new design in there at the top. A happy looking variation on a traditional Korean design of a chrysanthemum. I've got happy colors in mind for these. Maybe some moody ones too.




And along with the new/old porcelain the old owls have come back. Look at that. There is always one joker in the crowd that wants to go it's own way. Sheesh, I have never been able to get these little guys to behave. There's a largish pile of birds who are not really behaving much better.


They'll all be much better behaved when they grow up to be versions of these guys. Hey, couldn't leave you without one colorful photo, could I? Because really, naked clay is not that interesting to look at so the birdies and owls are a little color treat.

What's on your bead table? Any tawdry secrets that you'd care to share?




8 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. I see when I try something new there are times they just plain don't wait to play. I love your work!!

lunedreams said...

Fabulous! LOVE your porcelain pieces, can't wait to see them finished!

Cyndi J said...

I can't wait to see these lovelies in the shop. Hysterical post, too.

Heather Powers said...

I love seeing so many beads in the raw - it's fun to get a glimpse into how they get their start.

Pearl and Pebble said...

Too funny-needed that chuckle!!!Anxious to see the beautiful glazes you put on. Love the little green bellies the owls are wearing-new?

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

What a wonderful, happy post! Personally, I like seeing your clay pieces "in the raw"...it makes rhe completed pieces even more special! Oh...and your owls are my favorite!!!

windrock studio said...

Hey LeAnn, sounds like you are having some fun! Wonderful to see all the "raw" work, looks like a bakery in there and the colors on the finished ones, just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

You have been very busy! I can't wait to see these finished.