Wednesday, September 12, 2012

BTW - Switching Gears




Bead Table Wednesday and this time without a lot of words. I have an awful cold and I can't write without talking to myself and this cold is making it oh so difficult to speak. And yes, I was that kid in primary school who got in trouble for reading books out loud during quiet reading. Mrs Peterson, I still read out loud, usually at home, mostly recipes, and never in airports.

I've switched to bronze this week. That's a little pile of new, mostly autumn inspired, bronze pieces. That's what they look like after the clay is dry and I've gone in and cleaned them up. Looks a little like ginger snaps to me. I have no idea why every thing in my studio reminds me of food. But it does and I think it best not to probe too deeply into the deep recesses of my mind.


Here's a few of those same pieces fresh out the kiln. Ugly. They come out all crusty and quite unappetizing.


Wire brush, tumbler, patina bath, buffing, sealing, and Voila! Finished pieces. Now I am off to find a box of tissues and listen to the kiln click on and off as the next batch fires. Sniff Sniff Snuffle

And maybe I will click this picture to go check out what's happening in other peoples beady worlds this week.

10 comments:

Courtney Breul said...

oh, oh, oh, when will those lovelies be in your shop? Love autumn leaves!

SummersStudio said...

Hi, Courtney. Most likely the bronze will go to Etsy on Monday. I've got a bunch of pieces that need to be finished.

Loris Glassworks said...

Oh My Gosh! I love how these turned out. I'll watch for them in your Etsy shop. Cheers!
Lori in Atlanta

TesoriTrovati said...

Goodness but I love your bronze. The details are so crisp and the patina is just right. I would think of them more like potato chips... you can't stop at just one!

Feel better soon Miss LeAnn! Wrap your arms around you and give a squeeze...hugs to you! Enjoy the day. Erin

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

I love it when you share "process" photos! These atr beautiful! I do hope you are feeling better soon!

Marie Cramp said...

They look great! I can already picture them all finished and gorgeous!
I got my little box of beads today :) Thanks for the Sea-Bands! I think they will come in quite handy, even today <3

sharon said...

Yes, beautiful ginger snaps at that! I too have that cold, and I hate talking, I feel like ....well, I'll skip the gory details. Hope you feel better soon!

Barb Fernald said...

Feel better soon. I love the crisp edges on your bronze pieces. I need to get out my metal clay. You've inspired me!

Laura Twiford said...

I hope you are feeling better soon LeAnn especially with Artbliss coming up next week!
Love the bronze pieces, I really enjoyed working with it at beadfest like you said i would. Take Care!

Mary Harding said...

Wonderful pieces. Hope you feel better soon.