Monday, October 1, 2012

The Color of Hope


October 1st, already, and that kicks off Breast Cancer Awareness month. As many of you know, I was diagnosed with breast cancer last January and finished chemo just a few short months ago.  So many of you of you supported me in my journey through treatment.  All of those hugs and kind words have meant much more than I could ever put words to.

And sometimes just the right combination of goodness happens and magic is made.



photo: Vicki, 2 Bags Full 


Vicki of 2 Bags Full, makes the most extraordinary nests from hundreds of  different fibers she gathers together. They are limited edition, simply amazing works of art.  The kind hearted Vicki donates the proceeds to charitable organisations. These nests truly are spun of love.



The color of hope is pink! Proceeds from Vicki's nests this year will be donated to the Susan G Komen Foundation.  I am so honored that my little birdies in a special edition of pink will become part of this years nests. It feels good to be able to give back just a tiny fraction of all of the love that I've been given over this last year. It truly is a priviledge.

Go on over to Vicki's blog to read about her thoughts about this years nests and have a look at the incredible fibers she'll be using. You will swoon. I had no idea that pink came in so many shades. I had no idea that pink could be this beautiful.


Thank you Vicki! And a very special thank you to Maire Dodd, who introduced me to Vicki and made a bit of magic happen.

6 comments:

mairedodd said...

it is a beautiful project, is it not? your birds came out so wonderfully... alone, one can feel the sincerity and love in those birds... in vicki's nest, surrounded by other handmade bits, they will soar even higher...

windrock studio said...

So beautiful to read your words here, LeAnn, and to be turned on to these gorgeous fiber creations ~ what a perfect pairing with some pink birds!
Sending some Autumn love your way!

Vicki Boster said...

LeAnn --
Your little pink birds make my heart sing. I am so excited and anxious to incorporate them into this amazing project.

Thank you for joining this incredible journey with me. I am proud -- so very proud -- to work on this with you. You who have already made a journey through this frightening forest and are now on the other side where the light shines brighter. You are my hero and I am humbled to be able to so just a small part in hopefully helping to find a cure for this disease.

Its going to be an exciting year -- and when it is all done -- we will have created the most amazing and beautiful nest -- and our contributions WILL make a difference to women everywhere.

Thank you for sharing this with your readers and friends -- I now know why they love you so much.

Vicki

Unknown said...

I am new to your blog so I had no idea but I am so glad you are finished with the chemo and that you are here with us!!! There are not enough hugs to send to you!!!!

Marcie Abney Carroll said...

Wow.Those nests are awesome! Thanks for introducing me to a new artist and so glad you're over and done with chemo. Congratulations on that milestone.

Laura Twiford said...

Prayers were definitely heard and answered and I am so glad that you are on the side of wellness now LeAnn! This collaboration is a wonderful thing you are doing to help others beat this awful disease as you have! Hugs, Laura