Thursday, September 24, 2009

Look what Sharon made!

I've been doubly blessed in the last week to have my friend Sharon at LiveWire Jewelry use some of my porcelain pieces in her beautiful work. The earings above are called 'brocade' and combine, turquoise, silver, and ruby with her own head pins and jump rings into what I think are quite elegant earings.
The second pair of earings are called 'tranquility' and again use silver with my porcelain charms. I love these too and could see wearing them casually or all dressed up. Sharon says that they are called tranquility because that's what she felt when she touches the porcelain pieces. What an honour for me! But the real honour is seeing my humble pieces transformed into such beautiful works of art. You can see more photos of these lovely earings in her Etsy shop.
When I make things I don't have a clear vision of what they might look like when used in jewelry. Often I have a very simple idea. But when I see Sharon, or any of you, work your talent and magic I am really very thrilled.
I am very fond of Sharon. She and I started blogging at about the same time last year and was one of the first of the many wonderful people I met here on the blogs. Since that time, I've been able to watch her make beautiful jewelry, using different types of wire working techniques, gems, art beads, and all sorts of materials. I've also watched her branch out into mixed media works that are truly wonderful. I believe that Sharon started out as a fine art painter and all of the art she makes has a painters eye for composition and colour. Sharon is very talented! And she's just one of the bestest people around too!
I know some of you are familiar with Sharon's art. But if you aren't you should really go over to her blog and see for your self what she's up to. She's very generous with sharing her creative journey and it will be worth the trip. I promise.
Thanks Sharon! You've not only made my day, but my week too.

13 comments:

mairedodd said...

sharon really is so talented... and these earrings are beautiful! what a tribute to your lovely work...

SummersStudio said...

Maire, I so agree about Sharon's work. I love what she does with wire. And, actually, I am a very big fan of your work as well!

sharon said...

Ok now, the little tears are coming out of my little eyes......awwwww, LeAnn, you are the bestest too, and you have brought out the bestest in me! I truly thank you from the bottom of my heart,I am soooo humbled and honored.

SummersStudio said...

Ok, Sharon, lets just tear up a moment together. But the pleasure is all mine in seeing your work!

stregata said...

LeAnn, you are the best friend ever!! And what I love about Sharon, is her enthusiasm!

Esther said...

hooooooo !! what a beautiful tribute!! you and sharon are conected.. she knows how to make stunting things with your artwork..
you are both talented!!

Cindy said...

What a wonderful post about our friend Sharon. Her jewelry and mixed media pieces are incredibly beautiful, I agree 100%!!!! :-) And you make it easy to create with due to your talent too, LeAnn!
Cindy
www.sweetbeadstudio.com

Drawn to The Sea said...

I imagine it must be so heartwarming to see what beautiful things your own beautiful things inspire :-)

You make we wish I had paid attention when my ceramics-in-law played with her kiln. She was old school, but I could have learned techniques.

(Love your post on my First Word!)
~Julia

SummersStudio said...

Renate, Esther, and Cindy, thank you so much for your comments. And I do love seeing you talented jewelery makers at work!

Julia, it truly is heart warming. I never have much of a vision for the little ceramic things. I love the First Word..the little burst of interactive blogging. It's inspiring!

Candace said...

Oh My Goodness... don't you love how friends and sometimes even strangers touch the chord within our hearts and within our creative spirits? There have been times I have to say that a couple of my blog friends/acquaintances/mentors have kept me going -- and they don't even know it sometimes!

Those colours are gorgeous, as always, and how beautifully Sharon realized their potential. Well Done, both of you!

Thanks, also, for your visit to my little blog, LeAnne. It's always a blessing to cross paths with you.

Take care!
Candace in Athens.

Candace said...

P.S. Isn't that a new banner?? It is fantastic! Love love love it.

SummersStudio said...

Candace, thank you for stopping in. Yes this little exercise of blogging has truly opened up my world in unexpected ways, one of which is to keep me inspired. So I'm always happy when lovely people like you call in. Funny that about the banner. It's old and I'm thinking of changing it LOL. I rarely use that glaze or clay anymore.

Barbara Lewis said...

Isn't it wonderful to see your work through another person's vision! Don't you just feel like a parent! '-)