Monday, May 3, 2010

Back from SABOS Bead Bazaar



We got back late last night, I mean really really late, about 1 pm. Maybe that is not late for some of you, but it is for me. I generally turn into a pumpkin by 10:30 pm. As many of you know this was my first bead show. I am exhausted. I am ruminating on the meaning of life and bead shows. It had it's up's, it's downs, and it's lessons, and it's really truly great things. But to tell you the truth, I am just tooooo tired to talk about it any meaningful way. I'll get back to you all about the bead show on Wednesday on the Beads of Clay blog.

The dogs are ectastic to be home. Ms Alice has literally been twirling on her hind feet. At 60 pounds this is an awesome and somewhat frightening sight to behold. I am ectastic to be home. There is nothing like your own bed! I just need a few more hours in it.

Now some of you have asked about when I'll be listing again on the ole Etsy shop. Well, that was to be today. And I got side tracked. You see, I have been deprived of making anything for a week and all of a sudden an idea took hold. It had to be done and then it was 6 pm and nothing on the list was done and well.....tomorrow, there will be stuff in there again. I promise. After I finish helping my friend Carrie with a raku firing. Promise, really!

Meanwhile, have a look at those gorgeous wild flowers up there. That is Texas Hill Country in spring. That is what we drove through for several hours. I've in Texas for 5 years and never been out to see this beautiful country side. The roadsides were carpeted in their full glorious bloom. Makes me rethink my colour pallette entirely.

9 comments:

mairedodd said...

you did it! and now you are back home... when you are ready, it will be great to hear about your experience!

Vintajia Adornments said...

welcome back!

The Joy of Nesting said...

Welcome Home!!!!!

Rest kick back have a nice tall glass of ice tea and a good read!! You have more then earned it!!! The shop isn't going to fall apart if you don't get to it for a day or two!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

sharon said...

Enjoy your well deserved rest! Like Pattie said, the shop will be there when you get to it, and so will we to hear about it! Thanks for sharing the lovely flower photos!

Cindy said...

So happy to hear you're home safe and sound from your first bead show! Can't wait to hear more about it..and to see your latest creations.
Cindy

stregata said...

Glad to hear you are back and hope you get rested up. Love those wild flowers - that would be a garden here. Hope to hear about the show and your new inspirations soon (as soon as you are yourself again).

Unknown said...

yay! You did it! I can't wait to hear about it. But I will. I will wait patiently. For the idea, the show happenings and although it's killing me, the beads.

I'll just be over here, in the corner, breathing heavily. :)

Silver Parrot said...

Congrats on surviving the bead show! Can't wait to hear more about it. LOVE the flowers in that picture - I definitely see some inspiration there ;-)

Sweet Pea said...

What gorgeous flowers!! :D