Monday, May 31, 2010

Inspiration & Magic




Last week when I got home this lovely flower by Renate was waiting for be. I fell in love with it when I saw it in her new Etsy shop, Artefacts by Stregata.  Filigree, brass, and copper. What more could I ask for?




I am completely in love with the form. When I told Renate that it had inspired me to create something new in porcelain, she replied that it is magical when we can inspire each other. I quite agree. One of the things I love about blogging and being a part of the blogging community is the creativity and beauty that I am exposed to. I love the generous spirit of the community and the warm support that I receive.

Thank you, everyone! And especially thank you for the well wishes and prayers you have so generously given my son and our family as we cope with his deployment. It means so much to me.

We've had a couple of emails and text messages from him over the weekend. All is well and he's settling into his new Forward Operating Base. It's very basic. There is no PX, there is laundry, and the food is not too bad. Best of all there is an internet cafe so he can communicate with us regularly and he's able to call his girl friend everyday without breaking the bank.

Oh and right now - he's bored. This army mom thinks bored is good. The alternative to bored is what makes me worry.


15 comments:

Marie Cramp said...

I am first in line for one of the new flowers!! Those are fantastic!!

mairedodd said...

i am with you - bored is good... in that respect anyway... now, bored is not good for you - look at what you created while you were feeling so inspired! what i love so much about ceramics is how earthy and grounded they are - the fact that these flowers were inspired by lacy metals gives me goosebumps! love them!

TesoriTrovati said...

It is magical when inspiration works both ways. I am very excited by these new forms you are making. And my prayers continue for your son. And his mom.

Enjoy the day!
Erin

The Joy of Nesting said...

Oh galfriend,

Isn't our little Renie so amazing how she can just plant a little seed of inspiration for you to take hold of and grow?? Ohhhh but these little seeds you have grown to incredible beauty. Hurry hurry hurry glaze and bake these beauties!!! I can't wait to see them!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Unknown said...

Glad he is bored. May the rest of his deployment be equally boring until he returns home!

sharon said...

So glad to hear your son is safe, and you have some peace of mind.

I love your new creation inspired by Renate's beautiful piece!

mywifesstudio said...

How beautiful! Can't wait to see them finished.

stregata said...

I just hope your son stays bored - in this one case - bored is a GOOD thing!
LeAnn, I am on my knees - your porcelain flowers are soooo totally beautiful!! I love them!!!! Pure magic! Can't wait to see how you finish them. What kind of connection possibility are these going to have? I love your artistry!!!!

Marsha of Marsha Neal Studio said...

It has been a while since I have gone the rounds on my friends blogs (little ones keeping me busy). There has been so much going on in your life too! I am full of so many emotions reading your posts - as I am sure you are as well.

I pray for your son's safety and thank him for his courage. As well for the rest of your family... that you get to see them and spend as much time with them as possible.

And if you are ever traveling up this way on the East Coast, I've got two little ones that will help keep you entertained and exhausted for hours...

All the best! And as always - love the work! Maybe we can trade some flowers for planters at some point...

Vintage Blue Studio said...

Love the flowers! And I agree with you about the "bored" part. When my brother-in-law would call from Iraq and complain about being bored it made all of us very happy. Just remember to stay strong! ::hugs::

Sweet Pea said...

Those flowers are so pretty!! I can't wait to see what they will look like glazed! :D

And yes, I think bored is probably good. :)

Judy said...

I love the flowers and can not wait to see them finished. Inspiration comes from all forms and it is best when it comes from a friend.

Glad to hear about your son. Keep us posted.

June said...

How lovely! Inspiration is such a wonderful thing!

Esther said...

i'm in love with Ren's flowers too.. can't wait to see wich colors you will choose .. they are amazing!!

valbrown said...

Had to share the love and BLOG http://www.valbrown.blogspot.com/ about my beautiful new Summer Studio's flower! <3 Thank you