Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Charmed!


Isn't it nice that someone decided to declare today International Charm Day just when I've been working on some charm sized porcelain pieces! Here's a little sampling of some of the pieces I fired on Sunday. They are all about 3/4" size and light weight. I've made them in pairs thinking they'd be great for earings. In fact some of these are getting made up, by me, sloooow jewelry maker, for the Arts Festival and another event coming up. BTW these little buggers are the devil to photograph. So tiny, so slippery, so uncooperative in my experiments with props. There are more but I just couldn't bring myself to photograph them.

Cloudy and cool.....I'm off to find my blankey and the tellie.

Cheers, LeAnn

8 comments:

Prairie Emporium said...

LeAnn, I like all your charms!! But the green with the little leaf stamp is my favorite. www.prairieemporium.com

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Hey Leann! Maybe you could stand them in a dish of sand in order to control their unrulyness while being photographed.

Cristi

sharon said...

All so so cute and wonderful! My favorite is the Japanese lettered ones for some reason, I love them now that I get to see the glaze!

Doreen said...

Ooooh! They are so cute...very charming! I use double sticky poster tape to stand stuff up. It works pretty well and is easy to hide.

SueBeads said...

I love them! I love making earrings - the most fun thing to make, I think!

Rosanne said...

These charms are definitely charming!

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

~*Happy Charm Day to you LeAnn!*~
Amber Dawn

SummersStudio said...

Thanks all. These are quite fun to make.
Cristi, the sand idea is great. And Doreen I've been wondering what you could possibly use doube side sticky tape for. Now I know. I'll have to give that a try too.