Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Happy Holidays

The tree is up and lighted and there are a few ornaments on it. The rest are waiting the arrival of my son on Saturday. He has special requested that we finish decorating the tree together. It's the first time we've been able to do this together in 5 years and I must admit that I am over the moon happy that this grown up child of mine is sentimental enough to want to get out all of the family ornaments and place them on the tree with me.

In fact it is a season of firsts for us. Our son has been either in Korea or Iraq for the last 5 Christmases, our daughter has been either on duty or on call as a nurse, and so is the first time we will all be together to celebrate Christmas together in our 'new' home, albeit over the weekend so the nurse daughter can get back to the ICU for Christmas. But the other first is, that for the first time ever in the long history of my sister and I being adults, we will celebrate Christmas in my home. My sister and one of my nephews are making the long, long drive down from Iowa just to be here with us. We've spent so many Christmases in her home when we visited from Australia and I've always been so grateful for her opening up her home as if was our own. It is truly a great pleasure to have her here.

And with all of that family business coming right up, I'm taking a little blog break. "What" you say, "haven't you been on a blog break?" Well yes, in fact it does appear that I have been missing in blog action. There have been so many things happening over the last month that I am feeling the need for a little break and some time to reconnect with my family. In fact, I need a little time to reconnect with my studio and me. So I'll be back in the beginning of January, bright eyed, bushy tailed, and full of new designs.

Happy Holidays All!

And blessings and brightness for the coming year.

20 comments:

SueBeads said...

Happy Holidays to you, LeAnn, and enjoy your children and your family!

Vintajia Adornments said...

Enjoy the day of love and laughter with family and friends and wishing you a new year of peace and promise.

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Revel in your family time LeAnn and have a blessed and happy holiday!

Anonymous said...

have a wonderful holiday with your family.
happy holidays!

The Joy of Nesting said...

YAAA HOOOO YES YES!!!!

I'm so glad that you stopped for a minute and pooked your head in to let us know all is okay!!!!!!

How EXCITING to have the whole famdamily all together for the Holiday!!! There can't possibly be any better gift to be given!!! Oh please dear friend take time to really enjoy all the wondeful magical memories you will be creating!!!

And don't worry we'll all be right here to welcome you back to Bloglandia when you are ready to return!!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Judy said...

Have a wonderful holiday with your family LeAnn. I am so envious, I wish my sisters were coming for a visit too!

sharon said...

I have missed you LeAnn, but am happy to know that you will get to spend your holiday with the ones you love so much. This will be a treasure for you! I want to wish you the best Christmas and New Year ever....to you and your family....you are in my heart.

stregata said...

Such good news! Celebrate with your loved ones and have a most wonderful Christmas! I will be looking forward to seeing you in the New Year (especially if you are going to be bright eyed and bushy tailed!!LOL)!!! Big hugs!!!

Marie Cramp said...

Merry Christmas LeAnn, I just know it is going to be a great one!!

Hugs

Marie

Esther said...

Happy holidays LeAnn !! i'm very happy for you and your family!! you will be the happiest Mum and sister and wife this christmas , and desserve it so much!!enjoy!!big hugs , a bientôt!!

mairedodd said...

the BEST of everything to you and your family... lots of love, laughter, happiness,warmth and the fondest of memories in the making... so wonderful how everything aligned this christmas season to make it all so special for you...

Barbara Lewis said...

LeAnn, I can't imagine anything better than the scenario you have described! Memories in the making. Enjoy and we'll see you soon!

Katie said...

Merry Christmas and enjoy the wonderful time with your family! If there was ever a time to stop and recharge and re-gather our thoughts, this is a great time of year to do it.

Marsha of Marsha Neal Studio said...

Happy Holidays LeAnn! I hope this is one of those times that sits in your hearts as one of the best holidays ever!

Look forward to reconnecting in the New Year! All the best...
~Marsha

Unknown said...

Have a very Merry Christmas with the people who hold your heart. All the best to you & yours!

sasha + max studio said...

Merry Christmas LeAnn from down under - it is wonderful that everyone is coming together in your home - have a very special and peaceful time. All the best !

Lucid Moon Studio said...

Sounds wonderful! Have a very happy holiday with your family, and enjoy your blogging break! Looking forward to your return in the New Year!

Lisa

Joan Tucker said...

Have a wonderful family holiday and best wishes for a great new year in your new home and new holiday memories.Joan Tucker
Off Center Productions

Beverly Herman said...

Stopping by to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Blessings to you and your family!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Wishing you and yours the very best, great food and fun!