Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Big Pile of Brass



Finally, today I got around to finishing up some brass pieces I etched a while ago. That whole wedding planning frenzy has played havoc with my work schedule. I confess, the real reason I didn't get these pieces finished is that I lack discipline. But the wedding planning is just too much fun to give up to polish brass pieces. I do love brass. There is just something about that warm glow of brass that has a patina that makes my little heart sing. It's good to see these little pieces go from almost black with tarnish to soft and glowing. Most of these are going off with me to the Austin Beads Society show this weekend.


In a little wedding planning news, which of course I can't resist, much got done during my quick trip to Wichita. The bride has a dress, the brides maids have dresses, we have a place. Look at those flowers up there in front of the building where the reception will be held. It makes it so easy to decorate for the wedding because mother nature is doing the best stage setting we could ever get. Why mess with that? I'd love to show you photos of the bride and her wedding dress but a certain groom is known to lurk on my blog from time to time. It just wouldn't do to let him have a preview of the big day. And Cole, if you out there lurking, just don't even think about trying to get any top secret information out of us.

12 comments:

Amy F said...

Love the etched pieces. Such a pretty venue for your wedding, too!

Silver Parrot said...

The etched pieces look terriffic!

Marcie Abney Carroll said...

Congrats on the wedding and on finding a perfect place, you're going to enjoy it sooo much!

Judy said...

Wedding planning is so exciting! It is all the little details that make it so special.
Your etched pieces are wonderful...I think I do prefer the brass etched over the copper as it does usually get a deeper etch.

sharon said...

This wedding planning is doing you good...look at all those beautiful brass pieces!! You are using that energy!! Those pieces are really beautiful LeAnn. Everything you touch you make special, and so will be that wedding day!

Patti said...

Beautiful etched brass pieces... sounds like things are coming together very nicely for the wedding!

stregata said...

Love your etchings! And wishing you lots more fun while you prepare for the magic day!

Tara P. said...

Love the etched brass! Save me the one with the dragonfly. :)

Barbara Lewis said...

What a beautiful setting for a wedding. I love it ... threatening your future son-in-law! Only a mother-in-law can get away with it! Oh, and the brass is wonderful!

Katie said...

The wedding site looks beautiful! Even though it can be a pain, when you find such wonderful places and everything starts to fall in place, it gets a little more fun :o)

Love the brass pieces! And you're going to be in Austin? I wonder if I can come up with a good reason for a day trip??? (haha)

Enjoy your Wednesday!

mairedodd said...

beautiful brass pieces, but moreso, i love hearing about the wedding plans... this is joyful and warm - love it!

Mary Harding said...

Have a wonderful time at the Bead Show. Your brass pieces are yummy. I am sure you will be a big success.