Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Lazy Blogger



I've got my feet up right now and Alice is helping me to relax.  I make myself a little deal. You will blog on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Or least that's the plan. Well I woke up this morning and realized it was Thursday. How did that happen? And I look back and see that last week wasn't so hot for blogging either.

Truth is, it's been a bit hectic around here. I love autumn but along with it comes this frenzy of getting ready for studio tour which happens in three weeks or so. Not in my studio, thank heavens, but just down the street from me at a print maker's studio. Oh and it just so happens to coincide with my monthly art market. So I set up for two shows on the same day and my sweetie takes on one of them. So long story short, I think I lost a day this week because I'm cranking out a ton of stuff and just completly lost track of time.

Let me give you a little tour of the last couple of days.


I etched a big pile of brass and copper. All of the pounding on the dapping block was quite therapeutic. I got to use these very cool, perfectly sized eyelets that I found over at Volcano Arts. Love that extra special little touch. These are all waiting for me to get motivated to put some patina on them.


At some point I got motivated to organize my clay/glaze area. It was time. Did you know that if you make an organized system you can actually put things away when you are done? Yes, Mom, I get it now. It may have taken me decades but you were right. A place for everything and everything in its place. But I have no gaurantees to just how long this will last. But the four feet of clear workspace was awfully nice to sit down and glaze on today.



I spent some time pampering old Bob. Doesn't he look like an ambulance chaser should be talking him into a huge law suit? What you can't see is the big shaved spot on his bum. He's got allergies and when that happens he gets a shot of steroid, a round of antibiotics, and benadryl. Miserable old boy and he just can't leave the itches alone.



Alice loves to have her photo taken. She is such a princess. She heard the camera come on when I was taking photos of Bob (who hates the camera). You can see her in the background in Bob's photo running up to make sure she doesn't miss a photo shoot.

OK, off my bum to make chili and then head back to the studio. No rest for the wicked, idle hands are the devil's play ground and all of that other wisdom Mom passed on.

7 comments:

sharon said...

OMG...I loooove Bob and Alice!! I just lost my Ike and he suffered from the itchies that way for 12 years....so much like Bob, even the way you describe him!!
Do not put added pressure on yourself about blogging, we all know you are here, every one of us has something going on, and everyhting is good between us when we do get the cahnce to talk!
Love your etched pieces to bits and I wish you best of luck at your shows!

Artisan Beads Plus said...

LOL! Hilarious dog stories! I have an attention hog living with me too...
That picture of him running to get his pic snapped made me laugh!! I always heard that idle time is the devil's playground and all that good stuff too.....Maybe that's my problem!

Unknown said...

I love your pups, Leann!

I know exactly what you mean about the week; I made a promise to myself to post twice a week and no sooner did I do that then all heck broke lose and I couldn't get to blogging at all!

Ah well, we do what we can, huh? I would so love to visit and shop your goods at the art market.

stregata said...

Awwww, look at that face! Miss Alice (aka Miss W.) is a cutie. Poor Bob, having the itches sure is awful.
I am sure you will be all ready for the studio tour and the art market, when the time comes. You have been extremely productive lately. Love those eyelets!

Michelle said...

Your Sweet Alice's face...priceless. There is nothing like that doggie look of "I love you, Mama!".
Hope Bob is better soon.
Bead Happy!
Michelle

Mary Harding said...

Glad you got to take at least a little break. Your metal pieces look great. Hope you get a chance to try out the linking for next Sunday.

Melinda Orr - BANDANA GIRL said...

Love the etching! Congrats on the publication...the bracelet is wonderful!