Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Stars make me happy


I don't know about you, but the holiday season feels like it is approaching way too fast. Maybe it's the show I have coming up a week from Saturday. Maybe it's that I have to set up for my monthly market on the same weekend. Maybe it's that I have too many changes happening in the back ground of my life.

But I fired my kiln two days in a row over the weekend and it was good. It felt like a little Christmas present to myself opening that kiln and seeing these stars. I'm not entirely sure what happened in my thought process. This is not at all what I usually make at holiday time. I usually stick with unglazed porcelain. But for some reason I made a whole lot of toasty warm stars this year. 

I like stars. I made these for no reason other than it made me happy to do it. I think it's important at this time of year to slow down a little. To take stock of life and connect to the simple things that are part of everyday. To smile at life. And to do little things for no other reason than it makes you happy.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

The stars are great for Christmas...or any time of year for that matter. I love to have "happy" days in the studio...but that usually means not getting a whole lot done. A lot of fiddling and what if's, but it's all good:)

Courtney Breul said...

They make me happy too! Beautiful stars and yeah, the holidays are coming.

lunedreams said...

If those were my stars, I would be happy too! There is something of childhood and magic in stars.

mairedodd said...

you did absolutely right by yourself... and it shows in your work.. the stars are really terrific... i love the colors and the idea of your happiness being in them...

Mary Newton Designs said...

Stars are happy! Yes, Christmas is rushing right at us!

Anonymous said...

The stars look great, so warm. I took a little time out for myself today too and it felt good!

Unknown said...

I agree with Mary Jane. It makes me smile knowing your happiness is caught up in the stars.

My kids and I can spend hours drawing stars. And hearts. Two of the best shapes for simplicity and sentiment!

Peridots Garden Blog said...

How beautiful! They remind me of gingerbread cookies...all warm and golden...mmm...I can almost smell them coming out of the oven...How pretty they'd be on a Tree!

Thank you,

Sandy

The Joy of Nesting said...

Oh my Gosh LeAnn, they look just like delicious Christmas cookies. Why I can almost smell the butter, sugar and cinnamon from here!!

Pattie :)
Mazatlan Mx.

Jen Judd said...

Happy Super Stars!! That pic makes me want my mom's sand tarts...there's nothing like them! Thanks for the little bit of happy.

stregata said...

I love stars too! And it puts a smile on my face to think of you smiling as you pull them out of the kiln. They are beautiful!

sasha + max studio said...

What a lovely collection LeAnn. I love stars, hearts, and birds (as you well know) ! Vicki :)

SueBeads said...

I love your little stars, and your leaves, and that dragonfly charm over there on the right!