Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Elvis is alive, well, and 8 feet tall


It's true! I have seen Elvis. I've just come back from my daughter and son in law's wedding reception. They were married by Elvis in Las Vegas on Valentines Day. I've seen the video and Elvis was wearing a very form fitting black outfit, covered in sequins, playing the guitar, singing, and walking my daughter down the aisle. My daughter may be tiny at about 5 feet tall but I swear to you Elvis lookied to be about 8 feet tall. Maybe it was the platform shoes?

Doesn't she look pretty? Derek isn't too bad either. Yes, I know, I may be slightly biased. That's them on the way to their wedding in a pretty swanky car the make of which I don't know. But I do know a swanky car when I see one.


 They got married here at Graceland Wedding Chapel in a small ceremony with just them and their best friends as witnesses. I figure if Graceland was good enough for Bon Jovi, it might just be good enough for my daughter. No photos yet of the actual ceremony. They are on order and I promised not to link to the video. The truth is I wouldn't know how to do that but I felt pretty virtuous making that promise that I knew I was a shoe in to keep.


This is my favourite photo of them taken back at their hotel just after the ceremony. It's their favourite photo too. I actually liked it slightly better before they cropped it down. Up there on the top left of the original photo is a neon sign, yellow letters on deep blue background, "Peep Show" with fairly tame graphics. However, they didn't feel that the sign was in keeping with the spirit of the occasion, so snap, out it went.

We are so pleased to welcome Derek to our family. In less than 6 months I've gone from having a son and daughter to adding a son in law, daughter in law, and grand daughter. I couldn't be happier!

Blessings, Sarah and Derek!

17 comments:

windrock studio said...

Best wishes & congrats to all! looks like alot of fun! You are a lucky girl, LeAnn, to have added so many to your family.
Susan

peacockfairy said...

Congrats! Sounds like a fun day!

Marsha of Marsha Neal Studio said...

Congratulations!!! How wonderful and joyous!!! Dave and I have been to Vegas a couple of times (pre-kids) and love it there...

TesoriTrovati said...

Yea! Here's to new beginnings and a lifetime filled with love and laughter.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Anonymous said...

Best wishes, many blessings and congratulations to all.

mairedodd said...

congratulations! it has been a time of family growth for sure!

steufel said...

Congrats - what a cute couple, you must be so proud! Wish them all the luck in the world!

Artisan Beads Plus said...

Congratulations to your beautiful daughter and handsome s-i-l! I love the way they went about it! Personally, I'm practical and think that the money spent on a luxury wedding would make a great down payment on a new home ;o) Congrats to you too!

Patty said...

Congratulations, LeAnn! How wonderful to gain another family member in such a romantic way. :-)

Barbara Lewis said...

LeAnn, This is so super cool! With the cost of weddings, I hope Laura, should she decided to ever get married, does it in her bare feet on a Florida beach!

stregata said...

Best wishes and congratulations! That really is a wonderful photo - I can't quite decide if it would have been better without cropping - LOL!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Lovely pics.
I'm forwarding the Awesome Blog Award to you, http://gbkoru.blogspot.com/2011/02/awesome-blog-award.html
Hugs, Gunilla

Judy said...

Congrats to the happy couple and to you for enlarging your family! I am sure you are so proud!

Artisan Beads Plus said...

Uh Oh! You've been given the award twice! What happens now? You're popular!! http://macarroll.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-was-just-thinking.html

Barb Fernald said...

Congratulations! Two weddings in one year seems like a major accomplishment. Your daughter is beautiful. I bet you will be a pretty cool mother-in-law!

Pranavam Ravikumar said...

My Wishes Too!

Laura Twiford said...

Congratulations LeAnn! Sounds like all good additions to the family! I am happy for all of you. Very cool wedding, my daughter only gave me 2 months to prepare for hers and I really tried to talk her out of a traditional one and to use the money on their future but she chose traditonal and nearly killed me! I think I slept for a week after!