Sunday, March 15, 2009

We're going on an adventure

And this is where we are going. This is Robber's Cave State Park in south east Oklahoma. We've never been before. But it is always exciting to go somewhere new. Our son did the internet research to find the park and we are meeting him there.

We'll be hiking, camp fire cooking, playing dominoes, and skipbo. No television. For me it is bliss to get away for a few days with nothing around but the trees and the wind. Usually we camp but this time we splurged on a small cabin. I like tent camping but at this time of year it will be a little slice of heaven to crawl into a nice warm bed at night.

This kind of trip always finds it's way back into my studio. For me experienceing new things is very inspirational and I'm quite drawn to nature. My sketch book will be going with me and my camera too. But more than anything, it is spending time with my family without the distractions of daily life that really revives my creative spirit. It gives my a great sense of peace and well being.

I'm off to pack. But before I go, I would like to say a big thank you to all of you generous people who gave me such great advice on jewelry components. Another rewarding source of inspiration for me has been this blog community!

Have a wonderful week all, LeAnn


3 comments:

SueBeads said...

Wow! How beautiful - have a wonderful time!

Komyo said...

Wow, this is great! I am so happy for you! Hope it will be as great as I imagine, the picture is lovely... When I read your post it felt as if my lungs were opening up to fresh air! I would love to go there. Hope you'll have good weather, both within you and in your surroundings.

sharon said...

Le Ann, will you be making more of the Aunt Hatties oval buttons? they were my favorite, i went to order them just now but of course i was too late!