Wednesday, June 9, 2010

It started with two beads

Those two turquoise rondelles, oh and those three bronze spacers I made out of scraps. I was considering making a focal out of those pieces when I spied the picasso finish glass beads, and then the pearls, and the little copper hearts, and the......

Well it just spun out of control from there and I ended up stringing the center of a necklace. Stringing. It may be a new obsession.  And this photographing jewelry business is a whole different ball game then photographing beads. Bugger. It makes me want to use strong language. 

And look not a piece of porcelain in sight. How did that happen again?

But I have in fact been working on some new porcelain pieces. Here's a little peek.



15 comments:

Regina said...

Looks like you are well on the way to starting a new line of jewelry. Congratulations, looking forward to more...

Unknown said...

Do you hear me singing Stringing Queen to an old ABBA song to you? :D

Dawn Doucette said...

Great necklace! I find "diversions" from my traditional jewelry style all the time. As artists, it helps us grow! I really like this necklace my dear!

Thanks for sharing!
Dawn

Judy said...

Such a great earthy piece...I agree with Dawn, diversions keep us growing.

Anonymous said...

You just never know, what you will come up with when inspiration takes hold.
The turquoise is a striking colour and grabs attention. The starfish look lovely, LeAnn

The Joy of Nesting said...

Oh my gosh is that a new theme sound playing "A beading we will go"?? :) Sometimes little sister you just have to go exploring down a different trail.

Yippie starfish and all things sea are always my first loves. Oh I bet those magic fingers of yours can form a most wonderful seahorse!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

stregata said...

And what a lovely necklace it became! Fantastic!!
Ooooooh, look at those little starfish!!!!

mairedodd said...

that is terrific! your finished pieces are wonderful...
and i like what you have been doing inside again!

Pearl and Pebble said...

I like it alot! Can't wait to see the little starfish all frosted:)

sharon said...

Oh, the places you are going! this necklace is just what I love...eloquently primal! Stunning LeAnn.
The starfish is very intriguing!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see how the starfish turn out.

Marie Cramp said...

Great Necklace!! And I want those starfish!! lol what are you doing to me woman!! I am broke! didn't anyone tell you?? lol ;)

Silver Parrot said...

Okay, you KNOW I have to have a starfish, right? C'mon...I've got some glitter beads with your name on 'em...we can trade.... ;-)

Love the necklace and yes, photographing jewelery is a pain. Bugger, indeed! I'm going to use that now when I take my 2,000 photos in hopes of getting 1 good one.

Sweet Pea said...

ooh I love the stars!!! they look very summer-ish!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet necklace! I love the colors and the flow.