Friday, June 11, 2010

This little starfish went to market



Well actually 2 of them will go to market tomorrow. One of them has an unsightly boo boo on the back and will stay home. Two others didn't make it to the kiln because I broke them. They don't even get to stay home because they've already been put in the scrap bin and are no more. Poor starfish.

It's that time again, second Saturday Downtown Art Market, or DAM for short. And hot DAM(n) is how I'm feeling about this. It's hot here, upper 90's and more. I'm indoors which is good and bad. The good part is I don't have sun on my head and don't need to use a tent. The bad part is there is no AC. But the show must go on! It's amazing though how well attended the art market has been even in hot weather. I do love going each month and meeting up with friends I usually only see at the market. 


Have a lovely weekend!

And please, think some cool thoughts for me :-)

15 comments:

Marie Cramp said...

Make sure you make more later!! ;) Love em'!

Erin Siegel said...

Um. Yeah. Looking forward to seeing these show up in your shop! :)

stregata said...

Have a wonderful time at the art market - sending you thoughts of cool ocean waters, mountain breezes, orange creamsicles, ice cubes in colorful drinks with little umbrellas, snowflakes - um, no, not snowflakes, scratch that. I should quit when I'm ahead.
Have a great weekend.

Pearl and Pebble said...

Consider the cool thoughts thunk LeAnn:) Sorry about the starfish that didn't make it:( The glazes are very very pretty though!! Have fun at the market.

sharon said...

Have a great time at the market , with much success!
Starfish are so cute!

SueBeads said...

How cute!!!! Have fun this weekend!

Unknown said...

Hope the art market is great! Hopefully you'll be so busy you won't realize how hot it is...

Amy F said...

so cute! I love sea stuff, especially star fish!

Vintajia Adornments said...

Wishing you a great Art Market!
Was a three-dog night last night sooo I'll send you some :)

Lucid Moon Studio said...

The starfish are awesome! No AC? That's crazy talk! Hope you have a cool, fun and prosperous weekend!!

Lisa

The Joy of Nesting said...

Have fun, stay cool, drink your gatorade!!! Here's hoping the two little starfish go home with new families!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Barbara Lewis said...

I'm sending your way lots of a big tall frosty glass of cold lemonade with lots of ice! I hope you sell lots and lots!

cindydolezaldesigns said...

I'll think cool thoughts for you if you do the same for me. I'm doing the local farmers market here each Sunday outside and last Sunday it got up to 110 degrees by noon. HELP.

Cindy said...

LeAnn, you're always coming up with fresh new ideas. I love these little starfish, and hope to see some in your shop. I loved the flowers you made recently too inspired by Renate's metal work. I hope you're enjoying the market now and managing to stay cool in the shade!
Cindy

Quietly Otaku said...

wow they look great I love the detail and the colour! Hope its not too hot for your craft fair. Theres nothing worse than sweltering in the heat.